Eclipse is a text editing software for Java developers. While any text editing software will allow you to edit the Code + Chords source code, we use eclipse, and recommend that you use it too! Instructions for how to download and link eclipse with the Code + Chords library are below.
- Download Eclipse.
- For beginners, choose the 3rd entry “Eclipse IDE for Java Developers” (32-bit or 64-bit) and download it.
- To install Eclipse, simply unzip the downloaded file into a directory of your choice (e.g., “d:\myproject”).
- Download Eclipse
- Click “Download Packages”. Choose “Mac OS X (Cocoa)”.
- For beginners, select the 2nd entry “Eclipse IDE for Java Developers“
- You will receive a TAR file in your downloads folder.
- Double-click the downloaded TAR file to expand it into an folder called “eclipse”.
- Drag the expanded “eclipse” folder to the “Applications” folder.
- To start Eclipse, open the “eclipse” folder and click on the “Eclipse” icon. You may drag the “Eclipse” icon to the dock.
Linking Eclipse with Code+Chords
- When prompted to choose your workspace select: Documents -> CodeAndChords -> Visuals -> Eclipse -> Workspace
- Close “Welcome” window
- Open “File” “Open Projects from File System”
- Select “Directory”
- Go into workspace (like step 1) and then select “CodeAndChordsEclipseProject”
- Click “Ok” and then “Finish”